A PDF of Dr. Rubin's Office Policies is also available.
Out-of-network provider. It does not accept or submits claims to health insurance companies.
1. A psychiatric intake and evaluation includes meeting time and development of treatment plan. Children and adolescents will require 2 or 3 sessions more to complete the evaluation. For children, please bring previous psychological, educational and/or other pertaining testing.
2. To schedule an appointment, please Dr. Rubin’s office, at 301-654-0285, and leave your full name and phone number. You may also send a secure email to [email protected]
3. In the event of an emergency, Dr. Rubin’s cell phone number is 301-728-8323. Please leave a message, indicating the nature of your call and the phone number where Dr. Rubin can reach you. Dr. Rubin will return your call as soon as possible. Please use this number only in cases of emergency. If this is a severe emergency that cannot wait and/or you cannot reach Dr. Rubin at the time of the emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room and ask the doctor to contact Dr. Rubin.
4. Cancellation for periodic, or not time appointments, must be made with at least 48 hours advance notice of the appointment. Failure to cancel with 48 hours advance notice will result in the patient being obligated to pay the standard fee for the appointment. However, if you let Dr. Rubin know in advance and you are able to reschedule the time or date of the appointment within the same calendar week of your original appointment, you will not be charged for the cancellation. If the available times provided are not convenient for your schedule, you will be responsible for the session you had scheduled. If you are late for a scheduled appointment, that time is lost from your session.
5. A statement will be provided at the end of each session to the responsible party. Dr Rubin practie does not work with any insurance. Payment is expected at the time of service.
6. Payments for services due that are not received within 30 days will be charged a $25 late fee.
7. No charges will be assessed for brief or occasional telephone calls. However, charges will be assessed for all appointments completed over the telephone.
8. Patients prescribed medication require close monitoring of their treatment. Please be aware that prescription of stimulants requires a ‘physical prescription.’ Pharmacists will not accept telephone calls for controlled substance.
9. Dr. Rubin does not complete or submit claims to your insurance company. Insurance filing is the responsibility of the patient. If your insurance company covers and authorizes reimbursement, they will pay you directly. To obtain any reimbursement that you may be eligible to receive, you will need to fill out the forms required by your insurance carrier, and submit those forms to your insurance company along with Dr. Rubin’s bill. Information that will assist your insurance carrier with filing your claim will be included on statements.
For more information about Dr. Sandra Rubin's office policies, feel free to call 301-654-0285 today!